A Banquet Hall and Museum on the Brazos River!
John Knox Texas Ranger Memorial Center is a premium ~6,000 sq. ft. banquet facility at a competitive price. Its central location on Interstate-35 in a wooded park is a perfect setting for parties, business conferences, wedding receptions, monthly meetings, fund raisers, training sessions, dances . . . .
Knox Center features climate control, a public address/sound system, elegant restrooms, a staging kitchen for caterers and provisions for a band, bars and dancing. Round and rectangular tables and audio-visual equipment are available for rental. Free parking on site.
Knox Center is situated on Waco's Riverwalk less than a mile from the Waco Convention Center, major hotels and restaurants. It accommodates up to 400 for dinner-style seating or dances and 600+ for theater-style (rows of chairs) seating. The adjoining Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum can be opened by special arrangement for evening events.
PHOTOGRAPHS OF KNOX CENTER CAN BE VIEWED ON LINE AT PINTEREST AND FACEBOOK. PLEASE CLICK EITHER OF THE ICONS BELOW.
Step #1-Check Dates
Click Here for Available Dates
"Busy" indicates a booked/reserved date
Dates are booked when deposits and contracts are received.
Step #2 - Estimating Fees
Welcome to John Knox Texas Ranger Memorial Center
One-day rental 8 am to 12 midnight
Non-refundable Deposit/Booking Fee $275 Deposit of ½ rental fee due at time of booking * Special rates are available for recurring monthly or weekly meetings. Special Arrangements - early/late access
Early Access Fee
Access to hall day or event before 8 am
Extra Move-In Day
1 day before event to move-in/decorate/set up
Extra Move-Out Day
1 day following to move-out/tear down/clean up
Late Closing Fee
Extra Hour Midnight to 1 am
Closure after 12 midnight;
facility is locked by security at 1 AM
Table & Chair Rental
8’ x 3’ rectangular – accommodates 8
60” round - recommended for 6
Various sizes and shapes
- Please note: Due to museum security, renters are required to arrange for security with TCLEOSE licensed sworn law enforcement officers (not security guards) at the following events — student functions; events with museum access; sales events; events with music and dancing; and events serving alcoholic beverages. One officer is required for events of 1 to 150 persons and two officers for events of more than 150 persons. We will be glad to provide contact information for security services on request.
- Security at other types of events may be required at discretion of the museum management.
- Security must be in place 30 minutes prior to and after the event.
- Two hours of museum access is included with rentals. Coordination and advance notification is required. Events offering museum access require security.
- Additional museum access time may be purchased at $100 per hour.
Food & Beverage
County Food Inspection and State Alcoholic Beverage Commission rules require that all food & beverage be catered.
- Any events which include the service of alcohol require security.
Audio Visual Equipment
Podium with Mic (wired) No Charge Easel $5 Lectern w/ PA $50 Elmo Digital Presenter $50 Additional Mic (wired) $10 Video / Data Projector $200 Wireless Mic (handheld) $50 Large (17') Built In Screen $100 Wireless Mic (lapel clip) $50 Smaller Screen(s) Please Inquire
Rush Service/Cleaning Fees
Late changes to Room Arrangements
Additional fees may apply if changes to room arrangement are made less than 3 working days in advance
Cleaning Fee (if caterer does not remove trash or clean Kitchen)
Caterers are required to remove trash and clean the catering kitchen. If this is not done, a fee applies.
Please Click Below and print the following:
For Assistance or Questions Please call Mika Coffey at 750-8631
Click Below Simple Checklist (1 Page) Request for Booking Form & Rental Contract (8 Pages)
Please Print, Sign and Date last page.
Sample Room Setups Diagram (6 Pages of examples)
How do you want the room arranged for your event?
Please note: Changes made in room arrangement less than three working days before the event will incur a $100 change fee.
The following documents are provided to help with service providers.
Pre-Approved Caterers have the necessary licenses and paperwork on file.
Pre-Approved Caterers List (1 page)
List of caterers with insurance and certificates already on file.
Please attach the Request for Booking Form & Rental Contract
in Step #3 and a deposit check for $275 made payable to:
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame
PO Box 2570,
Waco, Texas 76702-2570
or hand deliver to the museum at:
100 Texas Ranger Trail
I-35 and University Parks Drive
9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday thru Sunday